Saturday, December 3, 2011

Tutorial for next project

I first made this block when I joined in on the Summer Sampler Series. 

This time, we're going to use it for the next Quilting for Kids quilt.

Start with a 8.5" square of Kona white (or other high quality white) and either black or grey - whichever you signed up for.

Pin them together, right sides together, if they have a right side. 


Next, sew all around the outside of the square.  When you get to the corner, just lift up your presser foot and turn.


Then, cut them in quarters, from corner to corner.  Voila, 4 HST's.


Press the HST open with the seam toward the color, away from the white.  Trim to 5.5".

Then sew them back together again.  Please press all other seams open.  This will help when I'm piecing.

And there you have it.  It's that easy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. How easy is that! I will try as soon as I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my i love this and would be perfect for all 4 of my grandsons in different colors. Thank you. Easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete